Served in the Air Force, then the Army
Rank in the Army was Capt. The Air Force was Staff Sgt.
" United States Air Force
Soviet Air Defense Intercept Analyst
Advisory Warning specialist
Security Clearance: Top Secret Crypto
AF Specialty Codes: R20230, R20250, RA20250, RA20270
Entered Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio Texas. 3703rd Basic Military Training Squadron
June 11, 1963 to August 15, 1963
(1) 6941st Training Squadron, Kelly AFB, San Antonio United States Air Force Security Service
Basic Intelligence Analysis School August 15 to November 29,1963.
(2) 6941st Training Squadron, Goodfellow AFB, San Angelo, Texas. Advanced radio intercept analysis November 29, 1963 to April 15, 1964
(3) 6901st Special Communications Squadron Zweibrucken West Germany. Watch center analysis - Soviet NavAir
Advisory Warning analysis - Soviet AD May 15, 1964 to May 15, 1967.
(4) 6994th Security Squadron, Tan Son Nhut AB Saigon Republic of Vietnam. Ground Analysis supporting combat
Cougar operations (airborne radio dir-ection finding). July 4, 1967 to August ?, 1967
(5) 175th Radio Research Company (Army Security
Agency), 20th Brigade Engineers Base Camp, abutting War Zone D near Bien Hoa AB.
Laison between Army collection and analysis and USAFSS ARDF efforts. Was at this location
during the Tet Offensive August?, 1967 to May 15, 1968
(6) 6994th Security Squadron, Tan Son Nhut AB
Ground Analyst and training NCO May 15,1968 to July 4, 1968
(7) 6948th SS (Mobile), Goodfellow AFB, San Angelo.
Southwest Asia military analyst. August 4, 1968 to March 27, 1969
(8) Det. 1, 6994th SS, Nha Trang AB, Republic of Vietnam
Instructor, collection and reporting ARDF March 28,1969 to June 20, 1969
(9) 6948th SS, Goodfellow, but detashed on a temporary
duty assignment (Tdy) to Headquarters, United States Air Force Security Service,
Kelly AFB. Worked in the office known as T.E.D. (which I cannot remember what that
means) for Major David Eddy. My job was analysis of success of ARDF program in
Vietnam, preparing training information and briefing "notables." July 1969 to January 1970.
(10) USAFSS Headquarters, Kelly AFB
(see above). January 1970 to July 1970.
(11) Det. 3, 6994th SS, Nakhon Phanom Royal Thai
Air Force Base, Thailand. Ground support
analyst, analyst supervisor, airborne
analyst, airborne instructor analyst, unit armorer. Aug. 4, 1970 to Feb. 6,1972.
(12) Support Company, 2 Battalion, 162d Infantry
41st Brigade, Oregon Army National Guard
located at Eugene. Served as assistant to
S-2 for intelligence, awaiting commission.
Feb. 7, 1972 until August 27, 1972.
(13) 2d Training Brigade, US Army Infantry School,
Fort Benning Georgia. Infantry Officers
Basic Training; Heavy Weapons platoon
leader school (4.2 inch Mortars). From
August 27, 1972 until January 23, 1973.
(14) Support Company, 2d Bn, 162d Infantry.
Recoilless Rifle Platoon Leader
4.2 in Mortar Platoon Leader,
Scout Platoon Leader. From Jan. 73 to
(15) 379th Adjutant General Detachment (USAR).
Executive Officer, Property Officer,
Training Officer. Vancouver Barracks,
Vancouver, Washington. June 73 to June 74?
(16) 379th AG Det. Commander June 74 until July78?
(17) Co. D, 414th Infantry, 104th Infantry Division.
Klamath Falls, Oregon. Commander. July 78 until April 1979
(18) United States Army Reserve Control Group April 79 until retired, Sept 1984
(1) Bronze Star Medal, Vietnam 1968
(2) Air Medal, Thailand 1971
(3) AF Commendation Medal, 1972
(4) Outstanding USAFSS reenlistee 1968
(5) Outstanding Unit, 124th ARCOM (USAR)
(6) Presidential Unit Citation (6994th SS) w/ cluster
(7) Vietnam Presidential Unit Citation (6994th SS)
(8) Air Force Outstanding Unit Award
(9) Army Outstanding Unit Award
(10) Air Force Good Conduct Medal
(11) Air Force Longevity Ribbon w/ cluster
(12) Air Force Expert Marksman ribbon
(13) Army Expert Marksman badge - carbine, M-16,M-14
(14) Army Sharpshooter Badge - Machinegun, Grenade Launcher
(15) Vietnam Campaign Medal
(16) Vietnam Service Medal w/7 campaign stars
(17) National Defense Service Medal
(18) Cold War Service Medal
(19) Air Force Aircrew qualification badge (wings)
(20) Army Reserve Medal"
Please offer comments and additional content for this alumni website to email@example.com